Stage 1 | Week 1-2 Introduction; Theory; Set your barbering career goals; Learn about your tools and understanding shape. Learn cutting techniques & watch expert demos; deconstruct the steps of haircuts, completion of theoretical coursework and exams.
Stage 2 | Week 3-6 Real live clients – focus on techniques such as basic guards work, scissor-over-comb, clipper work, fading, layering and texturising. Also work on facial hair and traditional wet shaving. Full teacher support with common mistakes and challenges. At this stage you will be assessed on your haircuts to be completed to standards sufficient to earn your Level 2 qualification.
Stage 3 | Week 7- Become proficient in haircuts, learn tricks of the trade, and personalise haircuts; teacher support with refining cutting techniques; focus on finishing and cutting speed. You will be assessed on the overall quality of your haircuts that must be passed to a BSW standard. You will undertake additional practice on advanced and unorthodox haircuts you would find Inside a barbershop. You will also be trained on photography, content creation, online profile building and marketing yourself to prospective employers and barbershop.
For the daytime course, at the end of week 9 you will participate in a class competition where you will present your best haircut against peers and be rated, this will be judged by an industry
leading barber. The outcomes of this final stage will determine your final grade for your Barbering Level 2 certificate.
What you will learn
• Value & Purpose determination
• Goal Setting
• Tool & Product knowledge
• Cutting techniques – classic and creative
• Scissor work -scissor over comb, texturising, layering, and building the structure of a haircut
• Clipper work-Guard work, clipper over comb
• Fading -skin-fades, zero-fades, 1-fades, 1.5-fades
• Razor work
• Facial Hair
• Wet Shaving
• Long Hair & advanced haircuts
• Style and finishing techniques
• Consultation & Customer service skills
• Health & Safety
• Marketing yourself & building an industry profile